Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Thursday 28 July 2016

By 03:28

MEMOIRS OF A FIRST TIME MOMMY

DAY1.
"Eh, you mean its a male doctor that will 'shock' his hands inside my VG and start the induction. Ha! No oh"

"What of that female nurse na?..."

Well that was me about 48hours before our son was born still making mouth upandan...lolzz.
Let me take you to the beginning how it all began...

I went to the hospital that day for my normal routine checkup as I was already 38 weeks gone. It was on a monday and my EDD(expected date of delivery)was two days away on wednesday. There was no sign of labor yet save for the normal feeling of carrying a heavy 'load' and waiting to 'drop' it soon.

The story soon changed when I got to the hospital. I was told that my blood pressure was dangerously high,something had to be done else the baby was going to be affected tremendously, so I had to be put on admission and induced and soon the preparatory process for induction began...

Nothing happened the first two days after the male doctor has inserted the little induction drugs inside me. I was busy smiling 'Upandan' and browsing with my phone and even greeting the women in labor until the early hours of wednesday morning, my son decided to look for my trouble. Labor started!!!

"Madam how are you feeling" the nurse asked when she noticed the wince on my face. My response: "its paining me oh!!!!"

Oh dear! It began and I soon forgot my name or where my phone was. I was pulling my hair and screaming "HELP"!!!!!!!!!
I was rushed to the labor ward and saw other ladies who cursed their husbands, their lives and their first sons due to the pain they were feeling. Trust me sometimes, your reasoning is thrown out the window I had to laugh in the midst of my own pain, it was hilarious!

Things started out slowly and soon it started out fast like I was going to burst open in the next moment. And then came the announcement that I was fully "dilated"

"Oya Madam Push..."
And I pushed.... First time, second time and the third. I gave up,I told them I'm not doing again that they should just kill me. One kind nurse slapped me hard and shouted "so you wan kill your pikin?" Oya push.

I gathered my self again and pushed. What came out was an embarrassment. I was trying to bring the young man out from my stomach, he had other plans in mind. Instead of coming out he pushed my "poo poo" out.

Oh dear! I could see the grimace on the faces of the nurses... Chai!!! I don suffer. I apologized a thousand times to them because to be honest eh! It smelled awfully. Lolzzz it aint my fault. Its the baby within... The doctor told me not to apologize that the nurses were paid to clean us the mess, but on their faces I was dead meat if they had the chance to let me be one.(Thank God for doctor...)

After a couple more poo poo filled pushes, He finally arrived!!!!
Our son was born and I immediately forgot all the pain and embarrassment I felt...but something wasn't right...

To be continued


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment