Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Wednesday 21 September 2016

BAD MONEY BY Thercee Murdee

By 18:47

Did you know there was a time in Kebbi State, Nigeria when worn out money was acceptable for buying and selling? I'm talking from experience. For us that came there from the southern part of Nigeria, it was strange. We would vehemently refuse to accept such money from the indigenes but watch as we made them dumping grounds when we where at the giving side.

A time came when this whole drama stopped, it happened suddenly. The bike men became very smart. They vehemently refused as well, so we had great competition. It was in this period i learnt a big lesson, even though its popular, it was abandoned by me and likewise many who thought we were very smart.

I had a 50naira note that had been with me for a very long time. It wasn't looking good at all. My conscience was already telling me i couldn't use it, but i refused to listen. Was i going to just throw it away or hold it till i went to the bank? Who had that time i thought to myself, the bank is very far away. So when my neighbor and I stepped down from a bike, I showed her the money and she insisted I gave the man. This I knew I shouldn't. The man saw it and immediately refused, then I quickly handed him a better one. After I was done with the meeting I went for, I threw the money on the floor. If I wasn't going to the bank to change it, then nobody should have it. This was the right thing to do. Why make life hard, treating others lesser than ourselves.

Simple lesson-Do unto others what you want others to do to you...That's been Smart.

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment