Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Friday 30 September 2016

Short story: Adultery's DanCe

By 07:44

Sarah picked up the letter from her boss' table and hurried out of the office. The letter had to be delivered today before 2pm so it could be approved and work would commence for the training.

She worked with Diamond Firm and they train staffs for offices, banks and other firms that required their services. Some days are job was hectic as she was the secretary of the firm,but she loved her job.

She got out of the company's gate and crossed over to the other side of the road to stop a taxi.
Suddenly, she heard "Hey! Hey!! Madam, excuse me"

Someone was obviously trying to get her attention and she turned to see who it was.

"Please excuse me Madam" the caller continued, can I speak with you for a moment? He asked. The man was in a Highlander Jeep and looked 'rich' but she didn't care because she was already a happily married woman.

"Huh...I'm a bit in a hurry though, what can I do for you sir" she asked trying to sound polite and hide her disapproval

"Can you get into the car for a moment" He asked with what sounded like a plea

"No sir" Sarah responded, "I'm quite in a hurry, what can I really do for you" she asked obviously frustrated.

"Ok Madam,he said, afraid to say something that would annoy her

"I like you a lot", he began "and I will like to know you better"
"You see" he continued, I have been out of the country a number of times and I spent most of my life there. Now I'm ready to settle down with a good woman that I can take care of and shower all the love in the whole world on her" he explained

"Really?" Sarah said with a smile feigning joy and for a moment the stranger thought he has hit Jack pot.

"I think you met the wrong person though" she continued because I'm happily married with two children and I love my man.

"Wow!!! You really look good" he said even after giving birth, you still have such wonderful shape" He said with his eyes scanning her body with an evil interest.

"Oga if that's all,I would like to go now" she said obviously disgusted.

"No,No No,please wait. Can I at least have your number so that I can call you and we can talk just as friends and nothing more"

She looked for a polite way to respond so she wouldn't sound rude. "you never know when you meet them another time" she thought.

"Ok sir, I would but please let me call my husband and ask him if he wouldn't mind"

"What?" the man shouted, obviously surprised that she gave such a reply. He wasn't expecting it.
He suddenly started stammering and sweating even in his A.C highlander jeep. He smelt trouble and he didn't know how to get out of it. He must have thought her husband was a very powerful man that could kill him even from the phone but before he could utter another word, Sarah was already on the phone with her husband and she raised a finger to the man to stop him from talking

"Hey baby!" Sarah said into the receiver

"I'm good" she replied from a question her husband asked her

"I need to ask you a quick question baby, would you mind if I gave your number to this man I met, he said he just wants to be friends with me and take care of me, is it ok if I give him my number? she asked

"Oh you want to speak with him?" She replied still over the phone with her husband.

Before he could show his hesitation, Sarah handed over the phone to the Man

"He wants to speak with you", she said
She was enjoying this, she really was. The man was still sweating and was pretending he was ok.

"Good afternoon sir, oh Morning sir" he corrected himself.
They talked briefly and He handed the phone over to her

"Hey babe, she continued "oh I can give him? Alright no problem. I love you too baby" she said into the receiver and hung up.

" Ah madam, please I don't want your number anymore. Thanks for talking to me" he did the sign of the cross like he was talking to a witch
"I fear you. Please Madam sorry to bother you"

" He said I can give you the number" she said feigning disappointment all the while trying to suppress the laughter that locked in her bowels.

" I don't want it again, thank you and he said and drove off at top speed like he was escaping for his life.

Sarah laughed hard, she couldn't control her self anymore.

"Odiegu!" She said in her native tongue

"So that's how I will come and go and die because you went abroad and want to settle down.
She smiled to herself again and was happy that her plan worked.
She quickly flagged down a taxi and went on her way.

THE END...
Hope you enjoyed it?

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment