Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Thursday 21 April 2016

Ballerina conts.

By 22:26
"Kunle doesn't call as he used to" Beatrice begins. Although that's not the reason I'm going out with Kelechi. We had a little altercation the last time he came visiting and we resolved it. But I just lost something I used to feel for him".

"Since when?

"A few months ago".

"Its since you started seeing kelechi" Edith replies with her eyes wide open as she nods her head repeatedly to show that she is certain of her statement.

"Who told you it's since I started seeing Kelechi?"

"You didn't lose anything when you and Kunle were still burning with passion, how come it's when this big-mouthed, haughty Kelechi shows up that you are losing something you felt for Kunle?"

"Edith please don't insult my boy... my, my friend."

"Aha!!! Your boyfriend. So soon?" Nkechi exclaims.

"I'm not insulting him, Beatrice. You of all people should know Kelechi better than that." Edith informs her in a peaceful tone. "You knew how much he disturbed me with his love stories," she continues, "and how he promised me heaven and earth while he was dating one of my friends. And come to think of it, he's even Kunle's friend. Ah, Beatrice!"

"We're just seeing each other now."

"Let me hear word." Nkechi interrupts harshly. "Are you telling me that for the few months you two have been seeing yourselves, he has not seen you finish?"

"What if he has?"

"Beatrice, why are you like this?"

"Like how?"

"Where is your dignity, your value, your pride?"

"Edith what is it now? Why are you acting like you are my mother here?" "I said I lost something I used to feel for Kunle."

"Then find it, find it and continue with him." Nkechi complains.

"Why am I even wasting my time on this issue?" Edith asks. "I don't think you ever loved Kunle."

"Both of you that are even accusing me, do you know what your boyfriends are doing as we talk now?"

"For your information, I have no boyfriend for now," Nkechi answers. "Because the three guys I dated on this campus thought they were doing me favour for dating me. They talked to me like I was their maid or some kind of whore. The only time they made me feel special was when they wanted to have sex. I observed it in all the relationships and I had to take a break."

"As for me, Edith begins, I don't care if Bryan is dating another girl. I'll keep my head straight. I'll not start doing something wrong because of someone who I'm not yet married to. If Bryan chooses to, let him date and sleep with all the girls he sees, it can't change me from being chaste, focused and disciplined. Besides I came to the university to learn not to look for boyfriends."

"I hear you, reverend sister!" Beatrice teases.

"Who is the reverend sister in our room?" A girl in her early twenties walks into the room with textbooks in her left hand and a pen in her right hand.

"Heeey, Scholar!!!" The three girls shout ubiquitously.

"Efe, you left the library on time today, it's so much unlike you."

"Edith my sister, I'm tired of deceiving myself everytime I go to the library to read."

"What do you mean?"

"I intentionally sit there and gaze into emptiness to waste time."

"Why do such a thing? That's self deception." Beatrice educates her.

"I know "B".

"Then why persist in such an act?" Nkechi inquires.

"You know those my class mates that we all go to the library to read together always complain that I'm not a serious student because I don't read as for longer hours as they do."

"Is that supposed to be their cup of tea?"

"Ask me oh, Edith. Are you people answering the same surname?" Nkechi asks with surprise.

"You girls are asking me questions that you already know the answers."

"So what's your decision?"

"Beatrice dear, no more self-deception."

"That's my girl." Beatrice nods in approval.

"Now you're talking." Nkechi offers Efe her knuckle."

"Those girls can read for six hours straight, non-stop. But they don't know that I can read all I need to know in two hours and fully comprehend. Any additional second or minute to that will be a waste of time.

"That's how one girl joined her friends to read in 300 lecture theatre, a fortnight ago, and fell asleep." Edith explains as she tries to control herself from laughing.

"Is that why you want to laugh?" Nkechi cuts in. "I've seen girls snoring in classrooms all in the name of preparation for exams."

"Allow me to finish what I want to say, now." Edith appeals.

"I'm sorry, you can continue."

"While she was sleeping, Edith continues, a guy walked up to her and started fondling her apples..."

"Ah!!!" They all scream.

"Rubbish!" Nkechi exclaims as she jumps up from her chair." What did they do to the boy?" She enquires in a raging detest.

"Nobody knew how he escaped."

"If it was me, I would lay curse on the boy and his generation." Efe adds.

"It wasn't entirely the guy's fault."

"Come Edith, don't let me slap you, o." Nkechi warns. "How can you say it's not the guy's fault?" You that is a girl." "If it were your apples, would you have been happy that a total stranger grabbed them?"

"Nkechi stop being a woman liberator, the girl deserved it. How could she go to a public place to read at about 1:00 am midnight, in night gown and bum short, without bra?"

"Ah!!! Without bra?" They all scream.

"No, no, no, she got what she was looking for." Nkechi laments, shaking her head in regret as the other girls laugh out helplessly...
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment