Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Wednesday 20 April 2016

Body Guard

By 15:39
I like to cross the road with my husband when we walk together.
You know why?
I'll tell you.

When we are about to cross a road, he holds my hands and tells me when to move. The way he does it is like he controls the cars to let his wife pass,like he is my body guard.
Most times because of my phobia for accidents, (I have had two that left me badly wounded) I usually say to him "I'm not going to look whether cars are coming oh,I will just follow your lead when you say move or stop"
And he smiles and says ok and puts on his "full body guard armour". I m sure he likes to hear that.
That's a sign of trust. That's like saying "I trust that you will lead us safely to the other side". And when we get to the other side which we always do,I sometimes call him 'My Mr .Macho'. Well yeah,he just saved the day or at least he saved my day.

That's how it should be with us and God. Sometimes we take God along with us through life's journey but when we are about to 'cross a road' or pass through a bridge we become scared.
We want to know if the cars are coming fast or slow. We want to see the whole scenario. We want to run or give in to the fears that come from the sound of the big trucks and lorries that we hear.
A better alternative would be to say to God,I don't want to look at the other side,I'm even afraid. But I will just follow your instructions on when you say move or cross now or even stop.

But the problem is we don't trust God enough. We don't think he knows what he is doing. We don't think he can take us to the other side. We don't trust that he loves us.

Just like it will break my Husband heart when I am shouting at him from the place of my fears about the big cars that are coming or start panicking or fidgeting like we are just going to die because he is the one leading us to cross.
Just the same way,God hurts when we don't trust him enough to hold his hand.
You know how we hold his hands as we cross life's road?
It is when we obey his commands no matter the temptation to do otherwise. When we read his letters and do what he says do even if it looks stupid. That's how you know that you trust God. That's how you know that you trust your 'Body Guard' because truly he know what he is doing. That's his job not yours.

So do you trust him enough?

Selah!!!


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment