Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Tuesday 5 April 2016

Ballerina continues

By 06:22
"All right young ladies" the dance instructor begins. "This training began two weeks ago and most of the ladies that started with us are no more here. For the benefit of those of you who are here for the first time, let me do a brief introduction. I am Thecla Ofuzo,and I am a ballet dancer and instructor. For the next six weeks or there about, I will be teaching you how to dance ballet.

A little girl amongst the eight students raises up her right arm.

"Yes young miss". Thecla identifies her.

"My name is Chizoba Eze, and I have a question"

"Alright Chizzy, ask your question"

"What is ballet dance?" Chizoba inquires.

"Good question young lady." Thecla clears her throat and begins. "Ballet is a classical dance that started in royal courts in Europe in the early 1600s. It was performed in theatres,sometimes in the form of a story. Dancing ballet is popular throughout the world and studying it can help develop strong bodies and make you flexible even when you become adults. Ballet technique is the basis of training for all types of dance"

"I don't fully agree with that" Omo interrupts, because in the olden days when my grandpa and daddy were dancing their cultural dance,ballet was not known."

"You are absolutely correct Omo. It is the basis for all types of contemporary western dance not African cultural dance"...
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment