Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Monday 8 August 2016

Food SenSe

By 08:26
I came across a food recipe from the bible when I was studying recently and I would love to share it with you. Its gotten from the book of John 10 vs 22, in case you don't know what it says let me share:
"It was now winter, and Jesus was in Jerusalem at the time of HANUKKAH, the festival of Dedication (emphasis mine) (New Living Translation)
And naturally, my curiosity got the better part of me so I decided to find out what HANUKKAH meant and VIOLA!!!! I discovered a very interesting and yet simple dish prepared during that feast.

Its called LATKES...its made with potato and since this is potato season, you may want to try it out.

You would love it. I tried it out and it turned out great, really great! My over picky 2year old boy couldn't get enough of it.

So here is what you would need and how its done.

INGRIDIENTS:
(1) 6 large potatoes
(P.S. You can start with one for trial first to see how it turns out before you proceed on the others. That's what I did)
(2) 1 small sweet onion
(3) 2 eggs, beaten
(4) 1/2 cup flour (or enough to bind the mixture)
(5) Salt and pepper to taste
(6) 1/2 cup vegetable oil (2 tbsp oil per batch of latkes in the pan)

Steps:
1
Peel the potatoes and grate them coarsely. If you're using onions, chop them finely and add them to the potatoes.

2
Beat two eggs and whip in a small amount of flour. If adding salt and pepper for seasoning, add now.

3
Squeeze the potatoes to get out some of the water in them. If they're too wet, they will not fry up crisply during cooking.

4
Add the coarsely grated potatoes (and onion) to the egg-flour mixture, blending well.

5
Put 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a heavy frying pan. Heat it to a high temperature.

6
Use the mixing spoon to gather a good-size dollop of potato mixture. Drop into the heated pan.

7
Fry until brown at the edges. Then turn over and fry the opposite side.

8
Place the cooked latkes on a plate lined with paper towels to remove excess oil. Serve hot.

So try it out and let me know how it went...
All the best.

P.S: For more info on how to go about it visit : http://m.wikihow.com/Make-Potato-Latkes#
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment