Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Friday 12 August 2016

MeMoirs of A First Time Mummy(3)... Naming ceremony gone wrong!

By 16:23

One of the things I loved about my son when he was pretty over a year old was the fact that he remembered the names of things we had called them.

An example is when we see a moving car, he points and says 'Car' or if its a bicycle, he points and says 'bicycle'. It was fun! Knowing that he remembers the name was fulfilling.
But there was an incident where such 'naming ceremony' went wrong.

I was at the bank with him to wrap up a business registration for a client and the cashier told me to step aside a little while she attends to other customers and me simultaneously since network that day was a bit poor. So we stepped aside and let others join the queue. And then it happened!

A dwarf steps into the line next and my son saw her and pointed 'BABY'.
I died!
.......
I turned my face away,hoping he would forget or get distracted but Nah! His level of concentration that day was at its peak.

What was I to tell him? How was I to explain to him that the Dwarf standing in front on us was not a 'baby' but a married woman(saw the ring on her finger) and probably a mother of kids old enough to be my age.

He didn't give up! He just kept pointing and calling 'baby'. (He called her baby because she was closer to the ground like him and well other babies too) When he noticed I was ignoring him, he turned my face to his with his hands and said "Mummy",then he pointed at the lady "baby". Hmmmm...

We were in luck as the "baby woman" didn't seem to notice what was going on.
I forgot to add too that my son has a rather loud voice. When he cries you hear him from afar and when he talks, same thing.
I'm pretty sure an angel must have helped us that day because the lady just didn't seem to notice the reference to her as a baby.
I was finally able to distract from that by putting his favorite cartoon on my phone for him.

Chai!!! That's how we would have embarrassed somebody's wife now or better still received a slap for our naming activities.
Lozzzz.
Well for the records,it never happened again. Maybe because we hadn't seen any again to name. Well till then...

Cheers!
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

1 comments:

  1. Hilarious...definitely no laughing at the Mrs.but your son's insistence and imagining your embarrassment. Thumbs up, love.

    ReplyDelete