Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Our down times...

By 13:16
So recently,I was laid off from work but the good side about having a walk with God is that he let you in into some things before they happen, and yes He told me that I would be laid off before it actually happened and so I switched on my 'shock absorber mode' waiting for the day to arrive.
Before the day arrived,I kept asking God what I am to do next and here is how the conversation went

Me: Dear God, what should I do next after this job?

God: (Silence)...

Me: father I need your counsel on the next thing to do with my life

God: (More silence)

Me: (laughs...) I know you love me and I know you will lead me anyhow so thank you in advance. (Within my heart I still whisper what do I do next question)

Me: Father lead me oh

God: look inwards

Me: Uh? Inwards? How do I do that? Oya please teach me what you mean daddy.

And guess what? It was in obedience to the instruction of looking inwards that this blog was born. It was from my 'low point' that I found out my true me. Of course he would provide a job for me eventually (that part he also told me. That's the expo you get from having a walk with the one that knows tomorrow) but before he does, that I'm looking inwards and making the best of what I see from my looking, and honestly I never knew this 'me' before.

So it could be that this time that you are down can be used for something beautiful if only you allow him help you find out what to do.

I read the story of a gospel singer James fortune recently. He was so broke at a point that he was evicted from his house due to his inability to pay his rent and his two kids had to sleep in the bath tub of a rented motel.
What?
Yeah that actually happened. But what also happened was that, it was at that low point of his life that he wrote one of his hit songs "I believe", which has earned him good money today.
I can actually give you more stories of people that became great because of things they learnt at those points.
So the next time you are at that place and you don't know what to do, my advice is simple: ASK THE LORD and well, LOOK INWARDS TOO.

Peace!
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment