Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Downside Up Prt2

By 12:21
I cannot remember the exact year,but it was in the early 90's and I was still an adolescent then. I was watching an indian movie,the atmosphere was very tense and I was completely engrossed in the movie that I started sobbing without knowing. That was the last time I cried while watching a movie.
Recently I was watching a movie with my wife and the intrigue mae me to almost lose my grip. I whispered to my self again and again "this guy is very very good". I mean the writer,director,producer and creator of the movie series(It was written, created, directed and produced by the same guy). I found out that the guy is worth four hundred million dollars. Yes! Four hundred. Not four million,not forty million. FOUR HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS.
Just a minute please,let's take a trip back to his background.

He is the third of four children born into poverty and raised in a household scarred by abuse. He fought from a young age to find strength,faith and perseverance that would later form the foundations of his much acclaimed plays,films,books and shows.
He suffered regular heavy beatings from his father. It got so bad that the young boy took drastic measures. One day as an attempt to free himself from the beatings of his father he slit his wrist and tried to commit suicide.
He said he was about five or six years old the first time he was molested sexually. And since then he struggled to understand his sexuality for years
Nobody would have thought that the same boy would grow up to become the MADEA that puts smiles on faces of millions of people around the world through his shows and movies. Yes! This is a true life story of Tyler Perry

At a time in his life, he was homeless, and for six years he took on a slew of odd jobs in other to keep his shows running,while sometimes living on the street because he could not afford to pay rent.
At a point,he had saved twelve thousand dollars and rented a theatre to put on his show "I know I've been changed", unfortunately,it failed horribly. He was just starting to think about quitting and giving the whole writing career up when he decided to do one last show so that he could say he had really given it a try. The play opened in summer of 1998 and made sales beyond his expectations.
The same play "I know I've been changed" went on to gross several million dollars.

As a child,life was a living hell for him but he was able to turn the downside of his life up through the help of God, his Mom's influence and a word of encouragement from a T.V show.

No matter how hard life beats you, no matter how bad people talk about you and treat you, no matter the pain you feel and the hurt in your life you can become a better person than you are now if only...

Written by el-ehyz elisha
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment