Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Tuesday 31 May 2016

Ballerina continues

By 05:09
"Efe please put some clothes on."

"What's your own sef? Am I seducing you?"

"Ah! Please, with this bony structure?" Edith teased.

She spread her arm at Efe from her shoulder down to her toes repeatedly.

"Jealousy." Efe shouted back at her. "Because you are finding it hard to become a model like me that's why you can't stand seeing me in my birthday suit isn't it?"

"Which kind yeye model?" Edith yelled back scornfully.
"Abeg go wear cloth."

"Look who's talking, are you putting on clothes?" Efe inquired.
"At least I am better than you."

"Wow! Efe exclaimed in astonishment.

"So brassiere and pants are better,really?"

"Would you prefer a guy to see you the way you are or the way I am"

"To see me like this?" Efe shouted in whispers. She used her left arm to cover her breasts and tried to cover her pubic region with her right palm.

"That means my bride price would be reduced to the price of pure water."

"But Efe,its not your fault that you are not putting on clothes sha. The weather is terribly infuriated for God know why. And the people that are holding power are not making matters easier."

"My sister,I wish there was a swimming pool around,I would not have cared about electricity supply." Efe lamented.

"Do you think you are in your fathers house?"

" Edith,I wish I was at home."

"Don't worry,we will soon be through with exams. And by this time next year, we will be preparing to leave this school for good." Edith consoled her.

"Hello?" a voice at the other side of the door called.

"Yes,who is it? Efe responded.

"Okon."
At the mention of Okon, the two girls were thrown into disarray. Edith found herself behind the kitchen door while Efe kept shouting "wait" in the bathroom as her towel kept falling from her chest.

"Okon wait, wait o, wait."

"I hear you, sister. I hear."

"Edith, please go and help me ask him what he wants."

"Are you out of your mind? Do you want him to see me like this?"

"But you said you were better than me, now."

"Efe, you are not serious o. You better go and open for the poor boy,you're keeping him waiting."

"Okon, Okon, Okon, Efe called out from the bathroom but there was no response.

"Edith come and open the door for me. I'm back."

"Beatrice?"

"Yes."

"Is Okon with you?"

"No, he has gone. I asked him to help me bring a bag upstairs, it was too heavy for me to climb up with.

Edith opened the door and wiped the sweat on her forehead with the back of her left palm.

"What's the matter with you? Why are you sweating and breathing like someone that just had a terrorist attack?" Beatrice asked Edith but she didn't get a reply.
She went into the kitchen, dropped a bag of sachet water that she held in her left hand and in her right hand was a sack of food items which she gently rested on a short kitchen shelf.

"Edith held her head with two hands and shouted, "so I would have exchanged my bride prize for a bag of pure water."
Efe couldn't help but fell on the ground, laughing so hard until tears started rolling down her cheeks.
Beatrice walked back into the living room, pulled out a plastic chair from under a brown wooden table and sat on it with a grim countenance. The transmogrification on Efe's face pushed Beatrice's head away from Efe's location to avoid her stare.

"Beatrice, what is it?" Efe asked.
Beatrice said nothing. She sat like an idol with red juicy eyeballs.

"B, relax." Efe tried to calm her down. She knew Beatrice takes that position whenever there is anger, pain, frustration, regret and hatred in her.
"What did he do?"

"Bu hu huuuu!!!"

"Who is crying?" Edith asked, running out of the room in surprise.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment