Everybody Has A Story To Tell

Monday 14 November 2016

TRIALS OF UGO...

By 13:21
TRIALS OF UGOCHUKWU...

Sarah was awoken by a call from her phone.

"Oh baby..kuchikuchi ah ha ah ha..."

She smiled! That was Ugo! She had a ring tone specially for him. It went off before she could pick up.

"He'll call back" she reasoned to herself.

It was already 2.30pm by her time, she had to get lunch started before he got home. He hadn't gone to the office for some days now. He said he just wanted to take time off to ease off the stress from his job

And he was right! His job takes a toll on him some days.
She sat up on the bed to steady herself and get her mind in order.
Then she remembered she just had a dream. Someone had come to deliver a package to her.

'What was it now?" She tried to remember but the image eluded her. She couldn't remember all of it.

She smiled!
It will all come back to her, she knew it would. Her dreams always came back sometimes in flashes or even two or three days later. She would wait for it.

She got another beep from her phone. This time it was a message.
It was Ugo!

'Hmmmm' she giggled

Something must have triggered his sudden outburst and profession of love for her these few days.
Now he sends her a message one everyday, writing about what he loved most in her. On days when he was at home with her, he still sent it.

'He sure knows how to melt my heart' she said to herself. She wondered what today's message would be about.
She picked up her phone to read it

"You believe the best in me and help me achieve my dreams. I don't know how far I would have gone if I didn't have you right here by my side...your secret admirer"

She blushed on both cheeks
"Ugo knew how to rock her boat.

He really was up to something. First it was him taking the children to Mama's place and the excuse he gave was "Mama said she's missing her babies"

Well, she may just have to watch and see how things played out. She wore her flip flop and headed to the kitchen. She was going to prepare something he loved. Nsala soup and fufu.
*************

'Well I won't say I know you personally' Anthony began. 'My wife does.' he said to Ugo as he walked out to go get his lunch.

'Your wife?' Ugo asked surprised. Thank God he was not a philanderer, one would have thought he had extra marital affairs with Anthony's wife and he was following him to beat him up because Anthony was a tall man just like him but taller and more muscular.

"Yeah! But let me formally introduce myself." he said bringing out his hands for a handshake.
"I'm Linda's husband and she has told me a lot about you"

For a brief moment, Ugo was transfixed and a lot of things went through his mind.

'What did she tell him? Was he safe? Was he here to warn him about her? was all well with Linda? on and on his thoughts went...

'Ok! This is the part where you shake my hands back.' Anthony said, a bit embarrassed as his hand was not taken by Ugo.

'I'm sorry! Ugo said shaking Anthony in return' I'm Ugo as you already know.

'You are lucky to be her husband' he continued Linda has a good heart. Please help me tell her thank you for not marrying me because she made me a better man.

Anthony smiled!
'Would do that' Anthony said and walked away to get his lunch.'You take care.'

Ugo entered his car and drove off. He was glad that he finally got to meet Linda's husband and free himself from his past.

He had a wife to surprise, he had better get to work.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device from MTN

0 comments:

Post a Comment